Friday, July 11, 2008

Experiments

So today I decided to put my money where my mouth is. For those of you who have not heard yet about the most recent water filter we are looking at it is basically a camping filter that attaches to a tube and attaches to a bucket. It filters water well above and beyond EPA requirements which means that it is better than the water you drink from that bottle you're holding or from that tap you turned on a minute ago. It takes about two minutes to set up and has a lifetime guarantee. It filters 5 gallons of water in about 13 minutes which is enough water for one person in Mexico for five days and requires very little maintenance. Long story short; it's really freakin' amazing.

Anyway, so I decided that since I was going to Mexico today to take a group in I might as well take along my very portable and very small filter and test it out on some Mexico water. Since testing on humans without permission is usually frowned upon I decided to be the researcher and the very first subject. I set up my filter in less than a minute, grabbed some bad tombo water, filtered it, and took a couple big swigs. It smelled fine, tasted great, was the right color (clear), and hasn't made me sick yet... for results check back soon.

Also, some very big and very exciting ideas on the horizon for Amor and our ventures in appropriate technology. Still just in the ideas stage so I won't spill details now because there are none.

Here's hoping that soon I will be able to boast that Christ has impacted lives through this water program and it's implementation. Yet I can't help but think that God's timing is perfect and that He has a plan far greater than mine.

On diarrhea watch
Kamar

No comments: